Tuesday 31 December 2013

Christmas With The Emperor's Children

My girlfriend got me two Warhammer related Christmas presents - both of which were things I liked, but always struggled to justify buying for myself.  She got me a copy of the Apocalypse rulebook for Warhammer 40,000 and she also got me...


... the Forge World model of Fulgrim, the Primarch of the Emperor's Children. This is the Legion which most of my Chaos Space Marines hail from and this figure will either see use as a generic Chaos Lord in my 40K games or as the man himself when I play Horus Heresy.

The figure itself was a bit of a challenge to assemble - Forge World figures are pretty but tend to be pains to assemble.  (I had a lot of trouble with the Hell Blade, though once assembled it was a lot of fun to paint.)  In particular, the many straps and lappets that have to be cleaned up and attached separately is a real bind.  Forge World don't really do instructions - their PDF guide is just a list of items and a picture of the completed model - so there is so instruction as to the order to do parts in, which can be a problem if you find yourself having accidentally boxed yourself in.

I prefer to spray undercoat outdoors, so here Fulgrim and the two parts of his display base await their coating of Army Painter Alien Purple.


After some drying time in the Nerd Room, the Primarch is an even purple and ready for painting to commence!

No comments:

Post a Comment