|Tbe base colours for my Chaos Dwarfs|
As per my original post on Chaos Dwarfs, I wanted to do a different colour scheme than the traditional primarily red scheme. The end result is something that's principally dark green, but still uses a splash of red to tie it back to the traditional look.
|The first seven Chaos Dwarfs all painted up.|
Colour breakdown is as follows:
- Armour: Caliban Green (current GW Base)
- Flesh: Dwarf Flesh (old GW)
- Wood/Leather: Khemri Brown (old GW Foundation)
- Metal: Runefang Steel (current GW Layer)
- Gun Barrel Hole: Army Painter Black
- Beards: Mixture of Army Painter Black and Midnight Blue (Old GW)
- Hat Detail: Mephiston Red (Current GW Base)
- Hat Skulls: Dwarf Bronze (old GW)
- Base: Adeptus Battlegrey (old GW Foundation)
|View from the rear.|
This weekend I'll stick shading over these guys then do some drybrushing - in particular the armour has lots of little scales, and I have a brighter shade of green to try and give that some depth. The beards could also do with some attention, say Midnight Blue to bring out the curls.
|Can you tell which of these guys are metal and which are home-cast?|